Current Active Deacons
Top Row: Paul Seifert and Gary T. Bradley
Bottom Row: Don Motes, Steve Jones, Michael Meeks, Mark Carter, Gary Bradley (Chairman)
Family Assignments by Last Name
- Gary Bradley: 863-860-1092 (A-B)
- Mark Carter: 813-503-1821 (C-D)
- Gary T. Bradley: 813-367-7501 (E-G)
- Michael Meeks: 813-763-2777 (H-L)
- Steve Jones: 813-763-4276 (M-P)
- Paul Seifert: 813-727-4075 (Q-S)
- Don Motes: 813-240-4191 (T-Z)
Our Deacons serve the Lord by conducting the family caring ministry of the church. This is expressed in the benevolence work, visiting the sick, and serving. It is also our responsibility to be sensitive to the spiritual needs of the congregation for the purposes of freeing the pastoral staff to focus on prayer, ministry of the Word, promoting unity within the church, and facilitating the spread of the gospel. In all that we do as Deacons, our desire is to fulfill the focus of the church to explore God in worship, experience God in our study, and express God in all that we say and do.
What we believe the Scripture says about the Deacon
Personal Character (1 Timothy 3:8)
- Men of dignity, reverent, they must be worthy of respect, serious minded, not treating serious things lightly.
- Not double-tongued; not a gossip.
- Not addicted to wine; they are noted for their sobriety.
- Not fond of gain and greedy for money
Spiritual Character (1 Timothy 3:9-10, 12)
- Must hold to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience, must have convictions based on the knowledge of true biblical doctrine.
- Must be men already tested and proved to be faithful.
- Morally pure in every way.
- Leads his family well
- Husband of one wife
A Deacon’s Wife (1 Timothy 3:11)
- Reverent, serious in mind and character; not silly or flippant about important matters.
- Not slanderous, or gossips.
- Temperate, alert, vigilant, clear-headed, sober.
- Faithful in all things, absolutely trustworthy in all aspects of their lives and ministries